Saturday 28 May 2011

Masyallah Muslim

Life for me as Muslim is easy, only those who dont understand what is Islam all about think, is Islam is "difficult".  Why? because the heart, the mind, the attitude, the thinking, the behavior are not of the Muslim the non-Muslim come in contact with.  Islam is a very flexible religion.  I am an example of one.  I can study as high as I can, perform my role in my chose career to the maximum, get all the promotions that is suitable based on qualification, becoming a mother and wife. I have the freedom to do anything and everything within the scope of Islam. I enjoy life.  I travel around the world with permission blessing.  What more can I ask for.  All these  I do with good intention and reason. Yet I maintain my identity, my faith and my behavior as Muslim.

Yet to many people around us, Islam is seen as a religion of intolerance and encourage bad behavior. Because of that, the term Islamphobia is used.  Why?  Many of Muslim are proud to be Muslim and deligiently perform all the religion obligation [(Prayer, fasting,) go to Hajj once if can effort it, zakat, some do, some dont] and most importantly saying the syahadah. They wear Hijab, but masyallah, thier behaviors are not decribable. I am sure many MUSLIM listen to religious talk, but I wonder what did they learn when they attended all these talk.

Talking bad (fitnah), back stabbing, jealously for other success, wealth, status, unknowledgable, not wanting to improve self and many more.  For this reason, non-Muslim becoming so fearful of the so Called MUSLIM.  I have friend who is an aetheist during my working in the Islamic institution.  I was so embarrased when she said "pakai tudong, solat, tapi mengata orang tak henti henti (Wear hijab, perform prayer, but talking about other non-stop). 

Fitnah, in Islam is worst than Zina because Zina is between the person and Allah, while Fitnah involves people. However, fitnah is the MOST favorite pass time for Muslim (men and women).

I am not a favorite among friends and I am always being called Not a team Player.  I think I am but I cannot be in a team who talks bad about others, talk about something that is not true.  It is best to be on your own rather than in a company of Muslim with hijab performing prayer but talks about others.

I live in a very nice neighbourhood, and I know most of the neighbors, but I never spent time in any of the neighbors' house despite having free time.  I prefer to stay home do my housework.  But I will get involve with activities within the neighbourhood whereever we had any.  Scarry, how people we never have direct contact with can talk about us or telling us about other within the neighbourhood. 

If only we spent time reading Quran, and hadith rather than talking about others. There are many nice stories in the Quran that we can learn and understand, from the human creation, safety of the environment, education, parents' role, ethics and more.
As-Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment