Tuesday 3 May 2011

4/5/11

Staying home is a wonderful thing but at the same time it can be boring. I missed many events and of course my times with my family. Previously when I was working, I was away from my home. For seven years I was traveling back and forth every week (working in different state and return home on the weekend only). Many people do not understand and unhappy, (but eventually, they accepted) when I take the weekend to go home to be with my family. For them. They forget that while they spent everyday they are retuning home to the family I only get to see my family 2 nites a week. There are many things that I needed and wanted to do and not able to do, it is now the time for me to catch up.

Firstly tasks was, sorting out the books/journals/papers /lecture materials that I have during that time. Going through and sorting out all those documents are essential. Because the notes and the documents is used as my reference for my blog besides my experiences. Thus my blog not only about nursing, my life in nursing, interesting people I met in my years of nursing (35 years) in and outside Malaysia (which I mentioned a little bit in my earlier writing.

I will also use my blog as an inspiration, motivation, advice, encouragement, to others from worldly aspect and thereafter, because there we where are going to be at the end

I am not an expert on Quran, hadiths but, working in university with Islamic philosophy (great university) has made me understand, used, thus make me a better person. Of course, the people that I met (the honest, the genuine, the sincere, the helpful, the good-heart - real Muslim, a good non-Muslim) too has made me a better person. Even people of the opposite characters has also helped me to become a better person.

I am not perfect, not at all, I do have weakness and limitation and at any time, I am ready to listen, learn and take advice from people if what the people gave were / are appropriate, accepted and useful not just for me but for the work that I am doing.  If It is against my principle I will not follow.

My principle is simple- flexible, but what is wrong (haram, cannot become halal and the same what is Halal cannot become haram).  I work because I fear of Allah not fear of the mankind because mankind are unpredictable. People do get offended when I mentioned about working for Allah. To me a person who work for fear of Allah will do the best job for the organization.

People might not accept or believe when I said, all through my lives working, I never come to work late. I will take into account, my preparation to get dress, the time car will start (if it will start), the road's situation which is the traffic, any possible and unpredictable circumstances along the way. If I am late, there is something serious happen.  Even when my children were small I never late.  I will get ready all the bags for the children's school or nursery the nite before.  For food, I will prepare all the raw ingredients and get of the wet ingredients (fish, chicken out from the fridge at night so in the morning I just do the cooking.

Time for me is very precious. I picked this up when I studied abroad.  This may seem to be as obsessive to some but I think it is a commitment and responsibility. Of course you need to have a good life partner; if not you cannot function.

For that reasons, I get very upset when people come late for any function. The common excuse given was traffic jam- once a while traffic jam is accepted but in Kuala Lumpur, traffic jam is a norm. And another excuse given is "biasa lah Malaysian time."   Something that Malaysian need to change. The term "on the way" is another statement people gave when they have appointment.  One the way can mean, about to take shower, getting dress, starting the car engine, half and miles away. It is so wrong. An accepted on the way is when you are at the parking space of the meeting place or one or two minutes away. Don't take the word when a person says on the way, ask them back how many minutes away. Because the time you wait can be use for other things.

I try to instill this good attitude to my students and my children.  Successful in some of course. I have two sons who are following me, two are not, my daughter in between.

Another point which I think we should practice as teacher and nurse is do not punish the majority of people  for the mistakes of a few  If you are teaching, no matter how small the number of students turn up, proceed with your teaching to those who come for the classes and let the non attendance find ways to get information of the meeting or classes.

Enjoy, As Salam to all. I hope this information is beneficial

Aishah

No comments:

Post a Comment