Sunday 29 May 2011

E-Mail (Electronic Mail)

29/5/11

It is a reminder that my blog are based on my personal experiences with people, the environment, the system, and the world in general.  It is not what other say or ideas from others. It all mine.  So it it touches or hurt anyone my apology.

Today I want to write about e-mail.  Of course when we mentioned e-mail, it involves computer used.  I am not a computer savvy but I am e-mail addict.  I need help in most of the technological aspects of computer. For this blog, it is my daughter who developed it. Now she is away, I am a bit worry because I will not be able to proceed if I got stuck, but Insyallah, I will try my best.

Let's get back to e-mail and the use in today's developing world.  Every agency, government office, institution, NGO and more are HAVING e-mail addresses. If one opens government's offices, some have all the e-mails of all the staff from the highest category (Minsters) until the lower categories (support staff). EXCELLENT and BRAVO.

However, HAVING one is of no use, if it is not use to the fullest.  As I said I am an e-mail addict. I write a lot of e-mails.  I have written to MOHE, MOH, JPA, MARA, LDHN, Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Most Universities and more. That is Local. From Local I also wrote internationally.  Beside personal e-mail, most agencies also have venue to write comment/ask question.

So far, e-mail that I have sent that provides immediate and accurate good response is the money making agency LHDN. 

Sadly, most e-mails are for show and not to serve (Malaysia).  Out of 20 one will response may be, but the response is usually late. International e-mail address is the opposite, out of ten, nine will be answered and they are usually answered within 7 days some immediately.  It is a disappointing scenario. The e-mail supposed to be a tool to improve communication and speed up the process, at the same time save money (no need to buy stamp, which is very expensive now)

For the comment and column, yes they response quite immediately (computer generated response). It is an acknowledgment not the answers or responses to the questions that were asked.  To me when we have something we need to use it, or else money are wasted on developing the server/ software (sorry if the term is wrong because as I said I am not computer savvy). Beside that the people who sent e-mail expect a response. So make an effort to response and response to it immediately and accordingly. This goes to personal e-mail.  A note to say that e-mail is received is appreciative. Each agency must have a mechanism to ensure all e-mails are responded.

Next blog is about Health (Maternal Mortality of a young 26 years old)

No comments:

Post a Comment