Thursday 18 August 2011

Bahasa Malaysia

Today I want to try writing in Malay.  My English is not good but my Malay is worst especially when come to writing.  It is not my fault though, I was brought up with a different style of Bahasa Melayu where Cawan is spelt Chawann e bertanda atas and so on. Even the format of letter writing also different. I do not understand the numbering in letters. Even my son said so. One day I was writing for him something and sent to him to check.  He said "Umi next time, write in English and I tranlate it for you". How embarrassed is that. But accepted it because that is the reality of it, no point of denying.  The same was when I am writing a report which must be in Malay. I will give it to my a very young co-worker to read it.  The response is, " tak faham lah doctor".

I think Bahasa Malaysia or Bahasa Melayu has gone through more transformation than any other language including English.  The victims are the people of Malaysia especially children.   So everyone who reads this, are welcome to comment and make suggestion.  I am going to begin with short notes in Bahasa Melayu (I like Melayu more)

Sesiapa juga boleh berjaya
Kejayaan boleh dicapai.

Tapi usaha perlu di sertakan...usaha dan terus berusaha

Orang cacat tanpa kaki boleh mendaki gunong
Orang miskin boleh berjaya.  
Selamat membaca.  Contoh kejayan di sertakan dalam blog bertajuk Cacat tapi Berjaya
 Dr Aishah

No comments:

Post a Comment