Thursday 21 April 2011

Today, is exactly a month I am without work.  I missed the busy life of working. I missed my nursing role, both in clinical practice and my teaching.  I missed my students, who I have seen grown, developed, tumbled and failed.  Something that we as an educator has to accept.

My students who many of them entering nursing not because they are interested in it, failed to embrace the nursing.  They are embarrassed to be associated with nursing, some leave nursing immediately after graduating. They do something that need additional training and skill rather than doing nursing, a noble job.  The other group of students, remains in nursing but refused to be in clinical setting and going into teaching.  To me this is the most dangerous group of nurses because through them (without knowledge and skill) are teaching a new breed of young men and women to become nurses. In Islam to become an educator you need to have following

‘ilm - knowing
l
lMa’arifat - knowledge preceded by actively seek knowledge,
l
lHikmat - higher level of knowledge above ilm’ that interprets and uses factual information within moral context, knowledge of understanding
l
lBasiirat - guided use of the sense that their perception are correct,
l
lRa’ay opinion based on rational consideration, right or wrong
l
lTadhkirah - remembrance or reminder to maintain knowledge
l
lLubb - intelligance / understanding
l
lShu’ur - Information / data
l
lBurhan / sultan - proof of evidence (OHK)
l
l


Some students, had no interest in nursing but developed the interest along the way during the years they are in school.  They are now working.  I have students who regretted coming into nursing and blamed everyone that made her ended up nursing. Today this individual is embraced nursing and working to gain experiences as much as possible in clinical setting

No comments:

Post a Comment