Wednesday 20 April 2011

Becoming a nurse

do you have what it takes to become a nurse.  To many nursing is like any job which do not require high level of educational preparation and the interest. And as Muslim, entering nursing must have the good intention and good niat.  

I can see the declination in Malaysia today.  The main reason for the decline, is poor academic entrance, focus on quantity rather than quality (in some institution) and educators.

When I joined nursing, I saw my tutors are those who teach using their knowledge and skill because they were a practiced nurse long before they becoming educators.  I have to have goo grade and pass in Sciences subject, math, english as well.  Despite that I still have difficulty in calculating medication, which I eventually learned because I have tutors who can teach

Today many (not all) are fresh graduate with degree who believe their undergraduate degree grant them the license to teach and they are not suppose to be in clinical setting practising nursing.

During my days when I did nursing in America I have a workmate who hold a PhD in psychology decided to become a nurse to work in the ward. Most nurse managers and nurse educators (of various specialties) were having Master degree

To become a developed country, nurses and nursing need to be of high qualities in both educations and clinical experiences who know what they are doing.

We must not let people pointing fingers when the fingers should be pointing at us when complaints are made against nurses

No comments:

Post a Comment